My Collaboration with Mystery Magazine
From 2011 to 2013 I collaborated with “Mystery” a – now defunct – monthly, special-interest magazine originally published by Archetypo publishing. Throughout this collaboration, a number of my articles were published in the magazine, dealing with various themes in western esoteric philosophy, focusing primarily on aspects commonly associated with the Left-Hand Path, Chaos Magic(k), the Kabbalah and its off-shoots and the implications of H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu Mythos with modern occultism.
Since Mystery is, unfortunately, no longer published, all of my articles are available to freely read here in PDF format (in Greek only, so sorry non-Greek speakers!!!). You will need a PDF reader to open the files (luckily, there are many available free of charge).
- Uthark: the art and practice of the “Black Runes”. A short introduction to the Uthark Theory, an alternative, occult approach on the esoteric meaning of the Futhark runic alphabet. [PDF]
- The Dark Kabbalah: exploring the Qliphoth and the Tree of Death. A presentation of the “dark side” of the Kabbalah, the Qliphoth and their study by the Left-Hand Path. [PDF]
- Brotherhood of the Peacock: the Black Angel Melek Taus. An overview of the peacock and its symbolism, from Ancient Greece to Renaissance Alchemy, and an introduction to the curious beliefs of the Yezidi people, worshippers of Melek Taus, the Peacock Angel. [PDF]
- H.P. Lovecraft and Weird Mathematics. A detailed presentation of H.P. Lovecraft’s use of mathematics, geometry and physics in the Cthulhu Mythos, including his use of “Non-Euclidean Geometry” and “Fourth-Dimensional Space” in works such as “The Call of Cthulhu” and “Dreams in the Witch House”. [PDF]
- The Magical World of Higher Dimensions. A follow-up on the previous article, this time focusing more on multi-dimensional space-time and its parallelisms with philosophy and western esotericism. [PDF]
- Nyarlathotep: Psychopomp and Initiator of the Sabbat. My first entry in a five-part series of articles co-written with George Ioannidis and Iakovos Patiniotis, focusing on the “Necronomicon Current”, i.e. the connection/application of H.P. Lovecraft’s Cthulhu Mythos to western esotericism and occultism. This article presents Nyarlathotep, the messenger of the Great Old Ones and discusses his/its associations with esoteric initiation to the Necronomicon Current, as well as with finding one’s True Self (or Holy Guardian Angel, if you go for that sort of thing). [PDF] (Note: This is the author manuscript)
- Shub-Niggurath: Black Goat of the Woods. My second entry in the five-part “Necronomicon Current” series of articles. This article presents Shub-Niggurath, the hermaphroditic Old One commonly associated with sex magick. [PDF] (Note: This is the author manuscript)
- Yog-Sothoth: Guardian of the Gate. My final entry in the five-part “Necronomicon Current” series of articles. This article presents Yog-Sothoth, one of the most enigmatic figures in H.P. Lovecraft’s work, and discusses his/its implications in the Kabbalah, the Tree of Life and the mysteries of the Abyss. [PDF] (Note: This is the author manuscript)